Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Author Interview with A.T. Glazki!

 



When did you first know you wanted to be a writer, and what did you write about?
Way to start with a tough question!  I’m not sure there was ever a point when I knew I wanted to be a writer, because it’s not something I want to be so much as simply what I am – even if I try to do other things. I remember writing stories as class assignments as far back as elementary school, and those could most likely be considered fantasy (which I actually don’t write now).

Are you a daydreamer or a realist and why?
In my life, I would say I’m a realist. I approach life pragmatically, because I think that gives me the best chance to build the life I want to have and to work through the pitfalls life has thrown at me, as opposed to simply wishing for a dream to come true.  In my writing, however, I’m certainly a daydreamer, which works well since romance novels require happy endings.

What is/are your favorite genre(s)?
That is difficult to pinpoint, since I generally enjoy well-written books, regardless of genre, though for my own peace of mind, I mostly stay away from horror or psychological thrillers.  That said, I absolutely love romance novels, of course, as well as literary fiction and exceptional science fiction.

Any favorite authors?
Off the top of my head, Susan Elizabeth Phillips, Lisa Kleypas, Laurell K Hamilton, Anne McCaffrey, Jane Austen, Edgar Allan Poe, Shakespeare, Molière, A.S. Pushkin… I should probably stop there. *laughs*

What inspires you to continue writing when you lose your focus?
Taking a break and allowing my subconscious to do the hard work of filtering ideas or breaking through writer’s block usually does the trick for me, bringing the persistent voices of the characters and vivid moments which beg to be written to the forefront.

If you could choose to write from anywhere in the world, where would that be?
I would love to live and write in a flat in Paris – dashing out for fresh pastries (a.k.a. inspiration) and soaking in the creative legacy of the city, with incredible art, culture, and history from all over Europe at most a few hours away. 

Bio:

Aria Glazki’s writing story starts with one of those cliché beginnings when an English teacher encouraged her to submit a class assignment for publication. That piece was printed, and let’s just say she was hooked! Since then, Aria has run a literary magazine, completed her Creative Writing degree, been published a few more times, and of course spent countless hours writing. After a brief hiatus, Aria was a 2012 NaNoWriMo winner, which re-inspired her to pursue writing. Aria’s latest release is Life Under Examination, a poetry collection exploring the complexities of the gamut of interpersonal relationships, which is now available on Amazon and on Smashwords. Learn more about Aria and her writing through her blog or follow her on Twitter (@AriaGlazki)!

Professionally hand-bound, autographed copy of Life Under Examination
An All-natural Marina Kodi™ Tension Relief Cream (http://www.mcssl.com/store/marinakodi/natural-tension-relief-crme-169-oz-50-ml

CLICK to take part in A.T.'s giveaway!!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your great blog through the WLC Blog Follows on the World Literary Cafe! Great to connect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me. Then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com website: Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/ Https://web.facebook.com/Emu-Temple-104891335203341

    ReplyDelete