Monday, August 13, 2012

Author Interview with...

Joyce Lavene!



Sit back, get comfy and get to know author
Joyce Lavene!

~*~*~

AM: What inspired you to become a writer?

JL: Sometimes I think I was born writing. I can't recall a time I wasn't writing something down. Writing novels was inspired by reading War and Peace when I was 14.  I thought if someone would publish something that bad, I had a good shot at being a novelist! What can I say? Fourteen year old ego.


How did you decide on your book's genre?


I've written more than 60 books with my husband and partner, Jim. They are many different genres. We've been lucky enough to find homes for all of them.


Other than a writer, if there was anything else you could do with your life, what would that be?

Photographer. Or travel writer.


Who, or what is the driving force that keeps you  going?

It  might sound callous, but paying my electric bill keeps me going. I love it because I get to write every day, but I need it to survive now too.


How do you balance your personal life with your  writing career?

What personal life? I spend a lot of time with my kids and grand kids. And my dog, Rudi, and my cat, Quincy. That's about it!


Please, tell us about your book.

Well, the new one coming out in September is Treacherous Toys, book #5 in the Renaissance Faire Mysteries. My protagonist is an associate history professor who spends her time at the Ren Faire when she isn't in school. It's Christmas time in this book, but there are still nefarious doings there. The other book this year is A Haunting Dream, book #4 in the Missing Pieces Mysteries. This is a paranormal series about the mayor of a real place, Duck, NC, who solves mysteries using her ability to find lost things with her mind. The new book is about finding a kidnapped child. This book will be out in December.


Do you have any upcoming events or book  promotions?

Beginning for a month in August, I'll be giving away copies of Treacherous Toys from my website: www.joyceandjimlavene.com and in November, I'll be giving away copies of A Haunting Dream.


Where can people find you and your work on the  web?

At the website listed as well as www.facebook.com/joyceandjimlavene
I blog at Fatal Foodies, Killer Characters and my site, http://romanceofmystery.blogspot.com
Both of my new books are with Berkley Prime Crime.

No comments:

Post a Comment